Postage & Packing Policy
1. A limited in-house packing and postage service is available for most small, non-fragile items that we deem suitable to fit into a padded envelope. This is available throughout the UK as well as most worldwide destinations. We always recommend you contact the Auction House in advance of bidding to check if a postage service is available for the lot you intend to bid on.
2. Items can only be posted by Royal Mail if they weigh less than 2kg. Measurements must not exceed 60cm length, 46cm width and 46cm depth. For larger and heavier non-fragile items, a Parcel Force courier service will be provided.
3. For items posted by Beeston Auctions, there is a fixed, non-negotiable packing and materials fee of £5 +Vat per parcel. Additionally, we charge the exact postage costs only and no extra fees.
4. Jewellery items, watches, coins and bank notes will be sent out by Special Delivery only due to Royal Mail insurance requirements. All other items are sent out via a Royal Mail signed for service.
5. Overseas delivery options may be liable to additional customs tax which will be charged by and paid to their own country’s duty office.
6. Beeston Auction House are not specialist packers and accept no liability for loss or damage to items packed and posted at customer’s request.
7. For high Value, fragile or overseas shipping we STRONGLY RECOMMEND customers contact a professional packing and shipping company. Details of recommended shippers can be found on our website.
8. For larger, heavier lots or items of furniture please contact the Auction House for details of recommended couriers and shippers.